I’m glad I waited until I got to my parents tonight to post this! Linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk again this Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Keeping this one short and sweet…but hey, at least I’m blogging!
1. We have finally found a home for almost every shower present…which means I can bring home the rest of our wedding presents!!
2. Updating my photography gear for a wedding this weekend!
3. Cooking. I made some awesome meals in the crock pot including beef stew and home style turkey!
4. A little victory for the week, but at work there was a problem with out website and I just couldn’t let it go. Finally I figured it out and it felt so great to solve that problem! Check it out if you are into gardening and such: http://www.amleo.com!
5. Coming home (for the wedding photography) and getting to see my adorable niece!! I miss her to pieces!
It happens to me every week; Monday morning rolls around and I get this feeling of a new start, plan new goals for the week and get motivation! Usually by Monday at 4:30 when I get off work all those feelings are gone. However, this weekend was not as productive as I wanted since K was sick. I had big plans to get the kitchen clean, organize our closets and clean the basement. Well I got the kitchen clean, but then I decided to make apple dumplings (post to come soon!), so then it was a mess again. We did get all the storage containers bought to put decorations from the craft room closet in and extra wedding gifts we won’t use for a while…but that’s as far as cleaning the basement got.
Sneak peak of some yummy apple dumplings!
Even though I wasn’t sick this weekend, seeing K relaxed and snoozing all day made me feel drowsy too. Maybe I was having sympathy sickness ha! This was the first weekend since the wedding that we actually had to just relax and do whatever, so I tried to take advantage of that. To try and keep my motivation running longer than 8 hours, I thought I would post my list of goals for the week on here (you guys keep me in check!). I will try to update you throughout the week on how these tasks are coming so stay tuned!
Goals for the Week:
1. Clean Kitchen
2. Continue to organize holiday decorations & closets (See before picture below)
So much stuff!!
3. DO LAUNDRY (for some reason I always struggle with this)
4. Keep blogging
5. Exercise ( I’m going to start a couch to 5k training this week in prep for a 12/1/12 5K)
6. Edit pics and get ready for weekend ( I am shooting my first wedding this weekend…eek)
7. Remember to enjoy time with my Husband
Ok, well there ya have it. Lucky number 7; I think I can do this. Of course there are many other things to do but these are the important ones. If my mother was reading she would tell me to add thank you notes to this list…But I think I’ll wait! I hope you all have a wonderful week and good luck staying motivated. Feel free to share any of your motivational tips too! They can be for cleaning, cooking, exercise or whatever!
The Country Wife
Happy Friday Everyone! Today I am stealing my post idea from my sister-in-law (check out her blog The Sweet Life of a Sewing Mama). Every Friday she highlights the things she does throughout the week and links up to From My Grey Desk. We only live about 10 minutes from each other but I work full time and she has a 16-month old little sweetie that takes up her time, so blogging is a nice way to “stay in touch”!
1. Work- While I wouldn’t call it a highlight, it has been nice to be back at work and get back into our everyday lives. It was a busy week at work, but always feel good to know I accomplished goals and projects! (eww, that sounds so adult like!)
2. My Husband – I think its going to take some time before I really get used to saying that but this is our first week really making our home together and I’m loving it!! He has been a great this week helping with laundry from the honeymoon, organizing wedding presents and making supper with me 🙂
3. Hair – I got my hair cut! Plain and simple, I cut 4.5 inches off and it feels wonderful to have less hair!
4. Blogging – Now that my life is less consumed with wedding details and planning, I have gotten back into blogging. I’m indecisive so I’ve bounced between a few blogs recently but feel confident that this one will be great! (hopefully…)
5. Exercise – I’ve slowly started to get back into a semi-routine exercise regiment. I tried before the wedding but just felt stressed and overwhelmed with the expectations. But now I have more freedom to do what I am comfortable with and I LOVE IT! I feel great this week and hope to share with you all some of my favorite healthy eating recipes!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Well the honeymoon is definitely over and now its back to work. Don’t get me wrong I am super excited to start this next adventure in my life as a *eek* wife; but no one tells you how much is sucks to go back to work after the vacation of your honeymoon. I don’t know why this came as a shock to me but lets face it…it did!
This week we are trying to get back into our routine. K has to get up at 5am every morning for work but I don’t usually get up for work until 6:30. I am trying to be good and get up to get him breakfast; and just get to talk to him in the morning. On the honeymoon however, we were sleeping in until 8 or 9 everyday…This makes it really HARD to get up early again.
So far I have been getting up with him, sending him off then hopping back into bed for an hour. I think instead of going back to bed I am going to try working out in the mornings or doing laundry, something!? Any advice is always welcome.
The Country Wife
As of today I have been a wife for a week. Yup, thats right, one whole week! Throughout our engagement I had been thinking of a way to document and remember all the excitement of our first married year ; afterall, we only get one chance! I can’t wait to share with you all the adventures of our first year!